is a Python module that
facilitates modeling and solving
linear and mixed-integer programming problems
- MIPCL-PY comprises
- a dynamic library (mipcl.so or mipcl.pyd) that is a MIP solver;
- a collection of Python classes that represent variables, constraints,
and MIP problems;
- a few functions to simplify posing optimization problems.
- MIPCL-PY covers only a part of functionality of
MIPshell. In particular, MIPCL-PY
does not allow us to implement applications that generate cuts.
- Why do we need MIPCL-PY if it is less powerful
modeling tool than MIPshell.
The answer is simple:
- Python is excellent for beginners, yet superb for experts,
portable and cross-platform;
Python has powerful standard libraries, and allows us rapid development.
- To help you get started quickly, MIPCL-PY comes with
a great deal of examples which are included in the MIPCL-PY
package. Many of those examples are also scrutinized in the manual
Mixed Integer Programming In Operations Management.